13 AMAZING FASHION ILLUSTRATORS ON INSTAGRAM
Does your feed inspire you? To make your Instagram artsier, here are the thirteen best fashion illustrators to follow – each of them will add some chic to your feed. You can never have enough glam and beauty in your daily life, right?
1) @thecartorialist Carly Kuhn took fashion drawing as an after-hours creative outlet. She posted her illustrations on Instagram, but never thought of getting ever a famous fashion illustrator. But when Sarah Jessica Parker re-posted Carly’s sketch of her, the artist’s follow number skyrocketed. Several months later, she received a request from Prada, who was enlisting artists to illustrate the new Prada Raw Avenue eyewear campaign.
2) @blairz Blair Breitenstein was hired by Saks for a YouTube fashion week video series that transformed her two-dimensional watercolor drawings into 3-D stop-motion animations. She sketched live from the fashion shows during New York Fashion Week, while Saks filmed Ms. Breitenstein for its blog.
3) @bildonovan Bil Donovan is one of the field’s most important and vocal artists. Bil’s works often appear in publications such as Vogue, Vanity Fair and Elle, and have featured advertising campaigns for brands including Dior, Mercedes-Benz, Saks.
4) @judithvandenhoek Judith Van Den Hoek is famous for minimalistic chic illustrations that are often comprised of black silhouette and elegant details. The most notable clients are Vogue, Jason Wu, Net-a-Porter, Charles Heidsieck.
5) @meganhess_official Megan Hess is a Melbourne-based illustrator inspired by fashion and old-world glamour. Although Brisbane-born Hess’ love of illustration blossomed at a young age, she never thought of it as a possible career. She instead began her creative career studying Graphic Design at Griffith University, feeling as if it was the closest thing to a ‘real job’ in the art world. Her long list of clients include TIME, Vogue, Chanel, Tiffany & Co. Fendi, Dior, Guerlain, Rolex, Bvlgari.
6) @lenaker Lena Ker is a Russian fashion illustrator that creates fabulous works using traditional mediums such as pencils and watercolours. She worked for Conde Nast Russia publishing house.
7) @paperfashion Katie Rodgers, the artist behind the bright and inspiring pieces from Paper Fashion. She has been commissioned by companies such as Clé de Peau, Kate Spade, Coach, Alicia Keys, Paul Mitchell, Nabisco and Lucky Magazine.
8) @arturoelena_official Arturo Elena is a very talented fashion illustrator based in Zaragoza, Spain. He has collaborated with top designers and fashion magazines including Cosmopolitan Spain, Chanel Spain and Audemars Piguet.
9) @hayden_williams Hayden Williams is probably the most popular fashion illustrator with more than a million followers on Instagram. His style is so sexy, glamorous and memorable, that it provoked the advent of dozens of copycats.
10) @travelwritedraw Meagan Morrison is a graduate of the Fashion Institute of Technology whose brand Travel Write Draw is a full-time business, taking her on artistic adventures around the world to Russia, Puerto Rico, France, Morocco, and beyond.
11) @malikafavre Malika Favre is a French illustrator/art director based in East London. She grew up in Paris where she studied graphic design before moving to London to pursue illustration.She’s worked on a variety of projects spanning editorial, advertising, and publishing for clients such as Vogue, The New Yorker, Penguin and Gucci.
12) @jessillustrator Jessica Durant is a freelance illustrator and art instructor from Las Vegas. She studied Illustration at Southern Utah University. Durrant currently teaches art courses in Kennesaw, GA. Durrant’s art is inspired by her passion for traveling, fashion design, indie music, graphic arts, Japanese Illustration, vintage fashion magazines, and fellow artisans.
13) @jennymwalton Jenny Walton, a New York-based stylist, designer, and illustrator who works for the likes of J.Crew and InStyle.