HAIR DRAWING TUTORIAL: 10 TRENDY HAIRSTYLES
In this fashion drawing tutorial, you are going to learn how to draw 10 classic hairstyles. Moreover, many of them can be mixed together to get an absolutely different look (e.g. top knot + wavy hair).
HAIR DRAWING TUTORIAL
Well, first of all, we need to define a hairline. It is very important that you draw it correctly. If you do so, you will get a proportional forehead and enough space for the top of a head. Draw it as shown on the image below. Remember that
1. The length of a forehead is similar to the nose length.
2. Hair parting stops before reaching the outline of a head.
Here is the list of ten hairstyles that you can draw following the visual instructions.
Each new step is in blue color. All the previous steps are in red.
NO.1 – DRAWING STRAIGHT LONG HAIR A LA “KIM KARDASHIAN”
1. Draw the outline as it is shown in the image above ⬆.
2. Draw the hair strands taking into account the direction of hair laying in different areas ⬇.
NO.2 – DRAWING MILKMAID BRAID
1. Draw the front hair (1). Divide the strands with lines of various lengths (2).
2. Draw the first line of the braid as shown below (3).
3. Draw the second line of the braid (4). Basically, you have to connect two segments of the previous row with an arch. Add several locks and hairs to give the drawing a natural look (5).
NO.3 – DRAWING WAVY LONG BOB
NO.4 – DRAWING LONG WAVY HAIR
NO.5 – DRAWING TOP KNOT
Here, it is important that you redraw the hairline taking into account that hair is pulled upwards. In the image below, you can see that in Step 3 the hairline is modified.
NO.6 – DRAWING PIXIE CUT
NO.7 – DRAWING VINTAGE UPDO
The length of the hairstyle (from its top to the hairline) is equal to the length of the face (from the chin to the eyebrows).
NO.8 – DRAWING CURLS
This one is a bit more challenging, but it’s worth it.
1. Just draw step by step all the lines and/or locks until no.15.
2. Add some strand-lines within the sections that you’ve got by drawing all the previous lines.
3. Add some extra locks in the lower part.
NO.9 – DRAWING DUTCH BRAID
[mks_highlight color=”#a6b4c0″]ALWAYS PAY ATTENTION TO THE DISTANCE BETWEEN THE SKULL AND THE HAIR OUTLINE.[/mks_highlight]
Here, on her right, you see that the hair is just slightly above the top of the head. However, it is almost “one eye” away from her ear.
1. Draw the two hair sections as shown below. Don’t forget the arrow.
2. From the arrow point, start drawing the braid (1). Draw short curved lines in sections (2) and (3). Add a lock (4). Draw the point where later we will add the braid (5).
3. Draw the braid. Draw some locks on the other side.
4. Finish drawing the other side as shown below.