DRAWING HOLOGRAPHIC FABRICS
In this step by step fashion drawing tutorial, you will learn how to render holographic fabrics of different hues and thicknesses.
Textiles with holographic coating have been pioneered by such designers as Issey Miyake. He used monofilament polyamide for the holographic finishes of his jacket and trousers designs.
HOLOGRAPHIC FABRIC RENDERING TUTORIAL
• W&N Blender Promarker http://amzn.to/2hIoH5e
• French Navy Promarker http://amzn.to/2hQxU7x
• Cyan Promarker http://amzn.to/2hnLimG
• Marine Promarker http://amzn.to/2gLYzGV
• Pine Promarker http://amzn.to/2hwjzB2
• Magenta Promarker http://amzn.to/2hnS9fS
• Yellow Promarker http://amzn.to/2hnVhIV
• Bright Orange Promarker http://amzn.to/2hwk3Hg
• Cool Grey 3 Promarker http://amzn.to/2gLSJFl
• Cool Grey 4 Promarker http://amzn.to/2hyRaYx
• Sakura white Pen-touch http://amzn.to/2hwdWT4
*Winsor&Newton. If you use markers of a different brand, check out this Promarker color chart to match the colors.
STEP 1 – SKETCH PREPARATION
In Step 2, we will follow a video-tutorial, where I am giving step-by-step instructions on how to render a holographic fabric on a fashion sketch. I’ve prepared 1 croquis for the tutorial in advance. You can download a printable template by clicking on the image below.
STEP 2 – SKETCH RENDERING
In this tutorial, we are going to render a dress, a pair of tennis shoes, a skirt and a crop top – all made of textiles with holographic finishes. Below the video, you will find exercises designed to assist you with successful completion of this class.
STEP 3 – DESIGN PROJECT
Now you know how to show one more type of textile finishes in your illustrations. Time to create some mind-blowing cosmic futuristic illustrations✨?✨ Use this technique in your fashion sketch and show us the result in the comment section below. Looking forward to seeing your works 😉